Monday, December 27, 2010

Making on... Monday: Christmas dinner and fave of 2010

This year, I made Christmas dinner (well lunch, really) for my parents who came to us this year.  It was so nice to be at home for baby's first Christmas.  I have made a big lunch for the past three years now, but this was the first time that I cooked for my parents.  Actually, the first time ever to cook a meal totally by myself for them.  Amazing!  And we all really enjoyed it - and the leftovers too! 
We had a ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mixed veggies, peas, rolls, jello and chocolate mousse cake for dessert!  

I think my favorite things that I made this year were gift bags.  These are two from Christmas present-wrapping this year.  It's something that I've been wanting to learn how to do for a while.  And I did a few a few months ago, and with trial and error (and ripping) figured out the best way to do it.  And now I can make various sizes too!  I've now made several so it's getting easier and more fun.  Still messy though. 

No comments: