Saturday, December 25, 2010

Systematic Saturday: New year's goals

So here are my goals for the 2011 year.  I like to have a idea of how I want to enjoy my life more and do some things that are on my ongoing "list" - and if they are goals, even to use the word resolutions - then they are kind of more on my mind. I am ending this year so differently than I started it.  As a mother, as a stay at home mom.  And even very different personally than I was, which I guess with a major life change like that, it's bound to happen.
This year, I am sort of copying from the Unclutterer blogger/website - from her goals of 2010.  I like the format, and really even the goals, but kind of modified for me!  (oh and I love that blog - and her book!)

So I'm going to work on my goals quarterly.
1) The first being to get going and start on those things that I have been putting off for a while. Or the things that I really just WANT to do, and just haven't for some reason/excuse or another.  I have some corners in my house that need attending.  I have some books I have wanted to read.  I want to start (back) running.  I want to get back to knitting and "crafting" things regularly.  So why not start with motivation at the beginning of the new year?!

2) And so the next quarter is going to be FINISH it.  I'm going to make sure that some projects that I start get finished.  I'm notorious for being a two-thirds kind of person.  (or even sometimes just a one-third person).  I give up on a book - I have so many books with a bookmark somewhere near the middle.  And several knitting projects that are many rows in, but don't really resemble anything yet.  This is something that I really need to and want to work on.  And not just because I'm starting stuff in the first quarter.  But I need to learn how to finish.  Or just realize that I don't want to finish and just give it up!

3 & 4) The last two quarters of the year will be - trying new things and - nurturing.  I'm still thinking about which one will be first.   New things:  still to be determined.  Guess I'll know when I see it.  And nurturing:  this is from that blog - she thought about the things that are the most important (people, really) and did special things to nurture those relationships.  So I thought that was a really good one - and interesting.

No comments: