Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Word for Wednesday: Spelling it right

Today, I was chatting with Daniel about a fender bender/traffic where we had both driven.  And I mentioned that there was an ambulance there when I had passed.  -- I didn't get why there was one there at all.  Everyone seemed fine, and there was little to no damage to the cars.  Maybe since there were 4 cars involved, it's protocol or something.

Well, anyway, there was an ambulance.  And I was typing that word.  And I misspelled it.  I put an "lence" instead of a "lance."  And that made me remember...

My fourth grade spelling bee.  The word AMBULANCE got me.  I "lenced" it then.  And I was out of the bee.  And ever since then, I've had problems with all my "lances" and "lences" - especially that one. Guess it's just a mental block of the trauma of misspelling that word in front of a crowd.  Well, traumatic for fourth grade.

No comments: