Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tales for Tuesday: Big Girl Now

Today we went to the doctor for baby's 1-year checkup.  And she is on her way to not being a "baby" anymore.  Guess I'll have to call her my little toddler!  Well, she's not toddling yet - but she is moving around and ready to get up and go any day now!  She will crawl, dance and loves to explore, getting into most anything.  Walking is sure to happen soon...
She is going to come off of the formula and will be drinking milk!  We have been working on the sippy cup for a while...it's going to be full time now!  Bring on the sippy!  And we are going to transitioning to more table foods.  Now, breads and grains, she has got that one down.  It's all the other stuff.  Not a fan of certain textures, so this new phase of eating will be an adventure!  She does love feeding herself - and holding the sippy cup.  I just know a few days ago, I heard her say "I do it."
She got a great report today.  Her growth curve is looking good - she is definitely on the small side, but is growing steadily.  She has also been chatting up a storm - saying Mama, Dada, and Bye-Bye (complete with wave).  And she seems to be talking to me about lots of things.  I just don't know what they are yet!

No comments: