Monday, February 16, 2009

TV

When the fall TV schedule began, I had about 3 - 4 shows a NIGHT that I was planning to watch. And with the help of my Tivo (and a spreadsheet) I made out a nice little tv schedule to watch all the shows that I loved. Or that I thought I loved...

The first this season to go was Heroes. It pretty much did itself in. And now it's pretty much unwatchable. (after 2 episodes, if that)

The next casualties were Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. I decided that these shows were not an escape, nor were they entertaining anymore (to me, at least). I was trying to have more healthy tv viewing. And these had to go. I deleted the backlog from the Now Playing list - and did away with the season pass. It was liberating - and wonderfully freeing! Yes, a little redundant. But so true. (about 4 eps in, maybe, I wasn't counting and I was way behind anyway)

Two shows that I did enjoy, well, got TAKEN away. Dirty Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies. Money kind of fizzled on me. But Daisies, I was with it till the bitter end and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD.

I watched the first few episodes of the Hills, but even that got old. I am so over Heidi and Spencer. And I didn't go with Whitney to The City, either.

Smallville. Used to watch it. But it's just gotten so old and tired. Still a good show, just not compelling anymore. And the new rule this season was, if you don't get excited that it's in the Now Playing list, it gets the axe.

D and I enjoy Terminator. We are 2 of the the 11 people that are watching that show. And it's pretty good. Even Brian Austin Green is really great on that show. Now that it has been moved to Fridays, we know that it's only a matter of time. It's a goner. But we are enjoying it while it lasts. And speaking of Fridays... Dollhouse premiered last Friday, with dismal ratings. Well, what did you expect when putting a Joss Whedon show on a Friday night. Like it was going to last anyway. So we just are watching the episodes that they give us. We are hoping for at least 3. We'll see.

So really of the 20 shows that I started the season with, only a few have survived:

There is Chuck. Struggling in its second season, but still a great show. Action. Romance. Comedy. What else do you need?
Bones and Fringe - Very intruiging and funny shows. And of course the gross out factor!
Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Wonderful guilty pleasures. Don't knock 'em till you seen 'em! Four words, 2 words about each. Chuck & Blair. Nathan & Hailey!
Terminator - while it lasts.
And the Office. If I don't have to cringe and bury my head in the pillow, then it wasn't a good episode!
Big Bang and How I met your mother - We don't really do sitcoms, but as far as these go, they are pretty clever and quite funny! We catch them ever so often.
And Greek and Kyle XY - my ABC family shows. They cycle in and out - different airings on cable channels. And I think that the shows are great. The name of the channel is a little misleading. Not much "family" about it. But for me, good shows!

So really with adding an ABC family show here and a random sitcom there, I really only have about 1.5 shows a night. And many nights, there aren't any shows on that I'm going to watch. Thursdays used to be so full of tv. Now it's only 30 minutes!

1 comment:

John Brock said...

So D convinced me to try Chuck, and I have to say that it is the BEST show in the world!