Sunday, February 22, 2009

Septic

Our septic tank was pumped last week. I had way more fun than I probably should have watching the tank pumped. They came a little early – they were in the area. I didn't mind. That meant that I didn't have to sit around waiting for them, like I usually do for services like this. They couldn't find the tank at first. I told them that they (their company) had pumped this one before. So I got the receipt that the previous homeowner had left us. Our tank is apparently DEEP – and if she hadn't installed a cleanout before she moved, we would have been looking at about $500+ to have it pumped. And they wouldn't have been able to do it that day. It would have involved a backhoe – well at least a small one. But there WAS a cleanout – somewhere. So they radioed the office and they had the location on file! After that, it was easy for them. Dig a hole, put in the hose and let her rip!

No comments: