Sunday, March 10, 2013

National Cereal Day

Last week, Thursday was National Cereal Day.  I'm always looking for interesting ways to make the days that seem to be the same thing - over and over - be something different.  And maybe a little special.  And fun!  
And I LOVE cereal.  You know the question: what food would you have on a desert island if you could have just one thing.  I have always thought it would be pizza.  But then I got to thinking... pizza for breakfast.  As much as enjoy pizza, I would not enjoy pizza (especially cold pizza) for breakfast.  So, my new "choice" is cereal.  It can work for all meals, snacks - even dessert.  It can be rich or chocolaty or sweet or just kind of plain.  I have a weakness for an after dinner/late night bowl of cereal. 
Um, so is national cereal day EVERY day at my house?  
I have my very favorites, ranging from my Kashi in the morning to Lucky Charms for nighttime.  And really everything in between.  And I am raising some cereal-loving girls too!   

This was our spread for our fun start to cereal eating day.... 


Then that afternoon, my oldest and I made granola... 
           


And for dinner (it couldn't be left out of the cereal festivities)
Crispy Chex Chicken 
very tasty!  


And there was a little after dinner dessert Cocoa Krispies cereal!  



-

No comments: