Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ideas vs Time

Blogging, writing, journaling...  I love being creative in these ways.  And I do really enjoy writing a blog.  But I can't keep it up very well.  It's not that I lack the passion, or the time really.  Although I lead a busy unpredictable life with small children staying at home, we are just ALL busy.  So really being busy isn't much of a reason that I can't blog either.  I was trying to think of the reason that I can't seem to keep up the blog.  Hmmm...

And what I came up with is this:  I tend to do more thinking than writing.  Meaning that I have these great blog ideas, and sometimes they go as far as to be kind of written in my head, but when I get to the actual writing of it, the words are gone.  (Words escape me, at least the right words, on many other occasions too...)
And then there are times that I have the idea, but not the time to jot it down - then the idea is LONG gone when I do find the time.  And the best one - when I have the time - and the desire to write - and there is nothing there.  No ideas, no words flowing.

I do have this need for expressing creativity.  And I love doing that in words.  I keep personal journals - these help to empty out my brain when I am just thinking and ruminating and pondering something.  These are usually just very raw - with feelings, fear, hopes, questions, joys, and even laughter.  I think these help me get to know me.  And also these work many times as written prayers.
I also used to write songs - mainly in high school - but I've done a few (more like poems now) recently.  And when I feel a song in my brain, I just have to get it out on paper - and the pen just seems to move itself.  It's an amazing feeling of creativity when a song just bursts forth from your mind.

But the blog is different.  It's where I want to create something.  A story, a picture, capture a memory.  It's something for me to share.  So here's to me finding the ideas and the time and the way back.

No comments: