Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby "stuff"

My five favorite baby items, the second time around. We didn't have these things two years ago, but they are now my must-haves!  Things ARE a little different than two years ago...


Last time, we were using Avent bottles. And I really liked them. But they have since changed them, and I'm not a fan of the new ones. And we are using the Dr Browns bottles - that is what he was using before he came home with us. And they work the best with his very "foamy" formula. I had tossed around the idea about getting a warmer with our first baby, but we just put it in hot water and it worked great. But this time...  I didn't want to have a cup of hot water being transported around the kitchen. Danger! And the other great thing about it... All you do is pop the bottle in there, set the timer and it beeps when it's done. And it's the perfect temp every time. Wonderful for when you are running, chasing, checking, fixing and losing track of time! 
Yep, it's the "Doctor" again. So that formula we are using. Foamy.  So shaking is out of the question, unless the goal is a cappuccino bottle.  We found this pitcher that has a plunger stirring mechanism. Works great for minimizing bubbles. Also, the formula is so graciously made every night by daddy, that all I have to do is pour. A wonderful and needed convenience. 
This little contraption is awesome. It has music and several white noise options. It will play continuously or will shut off with a timer. It also has a projection of several scenes. They kind of function like a mobile - and are a HUGE hit with the whole family! There is also a "voice activated" function, like it will turn on if the baby cries. I haven't used that yet, but so cool!  The white noise is a must in our loud and active house. I had made a white noise CD, but this is so much better!  When the baby outgrows it, I think I'm going to be using it! 
It's paci with a little critter attached to it. We have a little monkey that "helps" him keep the paci in his mouth. It helped us transition from the paci that he was using.  He loves the paci, so this helps him out so much. It just sometimes sounds weird in our house when we say "where's the monkey?" 
Last but not least, the awesome baby carrier I got - for those first few months. It is a stretch knit carrier. It's kind of the same fabric as the knit wraps that I have seen so much (like a Moby), but it doesn't involve all the WRAPPING!  Because the wrapping takes time. And I wouldn't get it "just right." Just for fun, you can check out this video comparing the two... The first time around with a baby, I could just hold her or put her down anywhere and not really worry about what was going to happen.  But now, with two wild little ones running, throwing, dancing and wanting to be "involved" I needed a way to cuddle the new baby and still have my arms. Hence the newborn wrap. And it is great!  I like the K'tan because it's just two loops that you position, then slide the baby in - there is an extra wrap that goes over that - I like that part too - it adds comfort for both of us. It's so easy to do - and after about 5 times, I was a pro! There is no material dragging the ground - in a parking lot, or enticing a child to grab it and run... And we get to be close and bond while I chase the crazy girls! 

So make that six things... Not really FOR the baby yet, but because of the baby. 
We usually have to get out of the house. And I was thinking...baby plus, a two year old "runner" and a four year old that gets tired. I knew that I wanted a baby carrier. And to make us completely mobile, we got a double stroller. And this thing is awesome! It corners so well.  I can even push it with one hand.  So that's me, pushing the tandem stroller (with my "twins" haha) and having the baby tied on me! 

No comments: