Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weeds...and not

I was pulling weeds today and I got something that was stuck - and kind of heavy. Here is the first weed:

Then I got to another part, cutting back some weeds and monkey grass that have grown up next to the house, near the gas and cable hookups. And I was being careful....very careful. This time.
And when I saw this "weed" I got a little scared at first, but it was not connected to anything. Thanks cable guy, I think.
I was a little nervous pulling things that I didn't know I was pulling and seeing things that weren't connected anymore - because of the air conditioner unit incident a few weeks ago...

I was cleaning around the outside unit - getting rid of vines that had grown up and into the unit. Snip, snip, oops. I cut a wire. It was brown, just "hanging" around. It didn't look like it was a wire - not attached to anything. And it really looked just like the vines and weeds that I was trimming. I called the AC repair people and they told me that it was the thermostat wire. So that was good, sort of. It could have been really bad. Luckily they were able to fix it the next day, just by splicing and it was before the weather was too hot and the AC was really needed.

No comments: