Sunday, August 23, 2009

Amazing Resolution

So, the week before our trip to the mountains was a doozy. Nothing
horribly major. But lots of little things making it stressful and
chaotic.

But as each bad thing hit, they seemed to work out...

The mice: when I called our pest control company, the girl said that
she'd contact my technician - and that he could probably make it out
either that day or the next. Within the hour, he called me from his
cell and said he was on his way!! So an hour and a half after I
called, I had traps already in place. Amazing!!
(and no charge, either - it fell into the between treatments
maintenance)

The car: The guys at the local repair shop couldn't fix the AC, but
they didn't charge me to do all the testing to figure out that they
couldn't fix it! Then when the windows broke - something that happens
all the time with my car (at least twice on each of the 4 windows). I
took it back to the local shop to have them fix it. But the part they
needed wasn't available. Good and bad news - the manufacturer realizes
there's a problem with the part - and has designed a new version. But
it's back ordered. So once it's in, maybe my recurring problems will be
gone! In the meantime, since the windows just fall down and stay down
on their own, the repair guy took both my back doors apart and clamped
the windows - so now they aren't going ANYWHERE!! And again, no charge.

The other amazing thing that happened concerning the car is with who
lives around me. I asked my neighbor to take me up to the shop (the
not fixed AC time) and told him what was going on. He said "no way.
I'm taking care of this" and he called his friend - who happens to be
the head of the service department at the dealership that we have to
go to now - one of the last surviving in the area. So he gave that guy
the heads up that we were coming. - when we took it up there, our
OTHER neighbor was there. (2 guys that used to work together live on
either side of us - we bought our car from one of them.) He talked to
us and told the service lady to take good care of us. Then he said
that he'd bring us back up the next morning - Saturday - since he was
coming to work anyway. It's about 20 miles from our house, so that
saved us a trip and helped out so much.

It was amazing to get to know our neighbors and learn that we really
do have great & very helpful neighbors!!

The week before all these little things went wrong, I had been
thinking about how easy it is for me to trust God in the really big
stuff, but the little things that happen day to day, I have a problem
with not getting totally stressed and trying to control everything. So
the NEXT week - that is when all this stuff happened that I couldn't
do anything about. I had to just sit there and see how God was going
to work through everything. And with each little thing, I could see
His care and protection over me.

Even though it was rough, it was nice to have a week where I was
reminded that God is in control over everything!

No comments: