Sunday, June 14, 2009

So Tiny

The other day, I took my sunglasses off and one of the "arms" fell off. I even heard the little tiny screw hit the lamp - then went who knows where. But as I was on my hands and knees looking for the screw, I thought about something that had happened when I was a kid.

My parents and I were at Disney World. My mom and I had stopped at the restroom by the castle (I think that's why we were hanging out there). As my mom adjusted her sunglasses, they fell apart and the screw fell out. Frustrated and a little angry, she headed into the bathroom with me. When we got back out, my dad, who had been waiting there for us, had her sunglasses FIXED! He had found the screw - on the ground, which was a paved brick number - with ALL the people walking through there (one of the busiest places in the Magic Kingdom) - and had somehow twisted it back it! So amazing!!

So, I thought, I just lost the screw in my living room - it's not like it's Disney World! And I found it! It had fallen into a basket under the entry table. Maybe finding tiny screws is genetic!

No comments: