Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bunko Best

I have recently joined a Bunko group - that meets to play once a month. I only knew one person when I started - the girl that took me in the first place as a sub. I have now been four times, only 2 of which we actually played Bunko. This group is having a hard time getting all 12 players there.
The first time I played, I was the biggest loser. The one with the most losses. But there's a prize for that - you get your money back (money in the "pot" each time to play). Also I was just learning the game, and how these girls played. Bunko can vary on how you play, score and even spell it (Bunco is correct too).

This week, when I played, I knew most of the girls and I knew most of the rules. But knowing HOW to play really doesn't matter when it's a game of dice-rolling luck ONLY. So I played and chatted, just enjoying the evening. I lost every second round that we had. I thought that was funny. But it wasn't till the very end, when all the score cards were out on the table that I realized that I had 13 out of 18 wins. That's pretty good in a game of luck. And it was the most total wins by far! I won! I was the big WINNER this week! I got the winner portion of the prize money! I never win anything, it seems like. I was so excited! I held in my squeals until I got to the car! It was so unexpected. And just a great little extra to take with me on our trip next week!

No comments: