Sunday, March 22, 2009

Action

This is going to be a random collection. But that's how this week has been!

I have become addicted to the world of RSS feeds. It's a way that you can collect all of your favorite websites in one place, then they tell you when something is new on them. It's more of a "here's what you want to know" - just handed to you, instead of having to go to every website and look for it all the time. (Google Reader - really good and easy to use)

I have been watching the show Being Erica. It's on the soap network. And interestingly, it's a Canadian show. But it's great. It's about a girl in her 30s who's not where she thought she would be. Expectations, of other people and your own. But each week, she goes back in time and learns more about herself by trying to do things differently. And it's not about going back and fixing the problems each week - and everything comes out perfectly. It's really more about learning who you are and being that person. There's usually a good quote each week, inspirational words, given to the character. This week it was "Learn to... be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not." ~Henri Frederic Amiel. I loved that one!

One day this past week, I was running errands & meeting a friend for lunch - it was an adventure just getting there! On the way out, just driving down the road, I saw a deer running toward me on the shoulder of the road. I said to myself “ah, a deer. OH!!! A DEER!!!!!” My brain was so confused. I was torn between thinking how beautiful she was running toward me AND thinking “please don’t run out in front of me!” I had just seen a cop car and had naturally let off the gas petal, so it was easy for me to slow even more. She didn’t run out in front of me – and both me and the deer were safe.
Then on my way back home, I was at a familiar (normal) intersection, looked up and saw an army tank. Like a real, in the desert, military tank. On second glance, it was on a flatbed truck. But in the middle of a residential area is not usually where you see a tank. After the deer and the tank, I knew I had to get home - and soon!! No more weirdness!

Friday evening, we went to the driving range. It was great to hit the ball again. Um, to be able to hit the ball again. Those first few swings, I didn't know if last summer was just a fluke. I was all over the place. I was hoping that I hadn't forgotten everything I had learned. But then I finally started making contact. And remembering what I had learned - and putting all together! And actually I was able to hit with the driver (well, the 5 wood, what I call a driver) farther than I did last year. And more consistently! The irons were another story. But they've always given me troubles. I'm just glad that I haven't forgotten.

No comments: