Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring...Break

Spring Break is here.  It really doesn't affect me that much, since I don't have kids that are in school.  And even when they are on break, unless we hit the road without daddy (since he is working hard this time of year) we are just going to be staying close to home.
But this year - in the spirit of the season, I decided to do some spring "breaking" for myself!

I'm...
Breaking in - my running shoes.  Well, "re" breaking in.  We recently joined the Y, since we now have two girls, instead of it just being the two of us, it makes sense.  And I'm loving the little breaks in the week that I get.  And I love getting back to running.  I ran in high school and loved it.  I wasn't that great. But it was something that I really enjoyed doing - being competitive with myself.  And it was one sport that didn't involve equipment.  Me + sports equipment = sad.

Breaking out - into the great outdoors.  The great outdoor living space!!!  We cleaned up and kid-a-fied our screen porch this past weekend.  And the girls LOVE being out there.  It's hard to get them to come in.  We have a little slide and a makeshift water "table" - a bucket with some tub toys in it.  I fashioned this on a trial basis.  These girls are really fickle.  Sometimes I think that they are just going to love something and they just can't stand it.  This happens mostly with food and toys.  Hence me seeing if they liked the water play before dropping some $$ on a water table.  And alas, H played in the water for about an hour before we had to just pour the water out.  So, I think she likes it.  And the little one...she wants to just drink the water now, but still, that's play too!

And finally, Breaking through - I have been in a great bible study this fall/spring.  And many of the stories that I have heard - about lives changing and God working - have really inspired me to see things differently.  I have a new outlook on some aspects of my life.  And it's really been a breath of fresh air.  Much like spring.

No comments: