Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tales for Tuesday: Who am I?

I was thinking the other day.  What are the words that define "me?"

A Mom.  Finally.  I never thought that time would come.
Organized.  Like Excel and label maker organized.
Silly.  I do enjoy laughing and just having fun!
A Worrier.  I used to be worse, much worse, than I am now.  I have mellowed in adult years.

I guess those are some of the things that make me - ME.

It's been my heart's desire to be a mom.  I have wanted it.  Longed for it.  Now, being in heart of it, it doesn't feel like I thought "Mommy" would feel.  It kind of feels normal.  It's weird that it really came naturally and pretty much instantaneously.  It pretty much had to - with those 4 days to prepare for all that comes with bringing home a baby.  But still I'm trying to figure out who I was, who I am and who I'm becoming.  It's not easy.  But I'm enjoying every minute!

No comments: