Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This little piggy

So after that LONG post about injuries.... I did it again. Last weekend...

I broke my baby toe. I was walking through a doorway - in the middle of the night. So stumbling would be a more accurate word. And SMASH - right into the door frame went my foot. It hurt so bad that I only gasped in pain. I didn't scream out or yell "ouch" or anything. It took my breath away. I got back in the bed, after my excursion, hoping that it wasn't that bad and that the pain would subside soon, so that I could go back to sleep.

I don't know if I just fell asleep or passed out a little from the pain. But I woke up the next morning and put my feet down on the floor and IMMEDIATELY remembered about my toe. It was hurting so bad and then I looked down. It was completely black & blue and swollen up like a little sausage. Ouch. I couldn't move it and it hurt to touch. I saw two distinct bruises - a kind of bruise that I had seen before. Yep, broken toe.

This is not the first time that I have broken a toe. This is not the first time that I have broken THIS toe. So I knew what to do. Ice. Advil. Buddy tape the toe to the next toe over. Open-toed shoes. And a lot of limping.

Now that it has been a week, my toe is feeling a little better. I can walk almost normally - most of the time. And it only hurts really bad if I do something "wrong" - like hit it on something or see a bug & my toes curl (that was the worst pain the other day!!)

I'm still taking it easy though - tape still in place - and trying not to move it or use it. It's amazing how much you really do use a pinky toe. Having it taped to the toes next to it really does hinder some movements and actions!

It's really hard to take a picture of your toe, I have discovered. But I did get a picture of the door frame that I hit. The red streak on the paint is from my toenail polish. That's how HARD I hit!



Maybe next week I'll have ZERO injuries!

No comments: